We recognize that making investments in people is absolutely essential for a station to be successful and sustainable. OpenBroadcaster produces and delivers onsite training programs aimed at building community capacity in local LPFM broadcasting. We recognize that ‘many hands make light work’ and broadcast operations that have a large and supportive base of contributors are best positioned to be sustainable over the long term. To support our partners, especially those operating in community radio environments, OpenBroadcaster offers ‘hands-on’ production courses using open source tools, including those that we have designed ourselves!
We can come to your location or present this online. Our courses provide skills and knowledge to participants and cover topics such as:
- Radio production techniques
- Audio editing
- Social media
- Music programming
- Broadcast automation
- Digital archiving
- Station management
Preview our online curriculum and training outlines.
We understand that not every station has the same needs, so we are happy to tailor our courses to meet your specific requirements. Contact us today to discuss how OpenBroadcaster can help build capacity in your community and support your station’s success.
All the skills and training (Duration 3- 5 days) needed to run and maintain a community FM radio station during a disaster.
How to start an Internet Radio Station
We show you how to run a internet stream, create dynamic programming and manage an Icecast media server.
Radio and Broadcast Media Training outlines and customized onsite training packages available for your operation.
Service and Support
We work as broadcasters ourselves, actively owning and operating commercial and community radio stations. Clients requiring support for their own broadcasting operations can draw upon our extensive experience for advice on matters including:
- Securing compliance with Canadian broadcast regulators (CRTC/ISED/NavCan)
- Developing and implementing revenue models for station operations and special projects (e.g. grant writing services, commercial advertising and time sales strategies)
- Identifying and selecting the best available technologies and services within fixed budgets
- Providing representation in dealing with contracted specialists such as broadcast engineer sand legal counsel
- Liaising with local and national broadcast networks to identify and maximize opportunities
- Developing strategies and campaigns to market and promote broadcast services
- Conducting technical audits and maintenance to ensure longevity of broadcast services
- Creating and implementing policies and procedures to ensure efficient station operations.