Emergency Alert Automation
Emergency Alert Broadcast Automation
Broadcasting emergency alerts are an important service that broadcasters provide to the communities they serve, providing timely and accurate information concerning emergency events such as forest fires, floods, tornadoes, school (lock down) closings and Amber Alerts. The Radio and Television sector plays an important role in helping prevent injury, death and property damage.
We occupy a unique space in the marketplace as the only company in North America offering a full-suite radio automation and media asset management software package, fully equipped with its own emergency messaging system, adhering to the Common Alerting Protocol (CAP). OpenBroadcaster is fully integrated with our radio and TV automation systems, providing CAP alerting, and supporting alerting in other media platforms, including LED Scrolling Signs.
Key features of emergency alert automation
- Easy upgrades made simple through software updates - no need to spend thousands of additional dollars buying new hardware every time alerting regulations or protocols change
- Guaranteed compliance with the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission’s (CRTC) mandated requirement for licensed broadcasters to accept and broadcast Pelmorex™ NAAD (National Alert Aggregation and Dissemination) internet feeds adhering to the Common Alerting Protocol - Canadian Profile (CAP-CP)
- Easily adaptable to emergency alert automation requirements of jurisdictions using CAP (ITU x.1303) including the United States.
- Multi-lingual support, including indigenous languages
- Mapping function displays Common Alerting Protocol EAS emergency alert system at various geographic scales for cable TV or digital signage visual alerts
- Available as a turn key supported device or DIY open source software
Emergency Alerting Systems
In a number of key jurisdictions, public emergency alerting has become a mandatory regulatory requirement for licensed broadcasters. For many small-to-medium sized stations, compliance with the applicable regulators can be both costly and complicated. OpenBroadcaster provides better, more cost-competitive services to the emergency alerting systems, broadcast automation space, with an open source, web-based software solution, managing and distributing emergency messages over radio, television, digital signage and cable TV channels.
Our Products and Services
OpenBroadcaster offers options to clients. If you like your current media and automation management system, keep it and easily integrate our standalone alert hardware player into your existing operations. This very reliable solid state appliance is favorably priced when compared with other products on the market, costing many hundreds of dollars less than our competitors. Even better, our devices are easily upgraded, so you don't have to worry about purchasing a product that will soon be out-of-date.
Our software code is built using CAP (Common Alerting Protocol) and fully compatible with ITU x.1303 specification administered by OASIS, the international standards group that defines emergency alerting.
OpenBroadcaster's emergency messaging solution is built to specification to meet existing regulatory requirements concerning emergency alerts.
Global Status of Common Alerting Protocol Implementation
Our team has experience to custom code solutions for your project, big or small.
Contact us for a complimentary estimate on new projects.
OpenBroadcaster EAS emergency alert system facilitates the broadcast of unattended priority messaging within audio and visual alerts based on the Common Alerting Protocol, the world standard for transmitting priority messages. OpenBroadcaster offers its public emergency alerting solution as either a complete turnkey integrated broadcast solution, packaged alongside our broadcast automation, media asset management and other core offerings, or as a stand alone box that works with whatever a station is using. Indigenous languages are supported within the framework of our EAS emergency alert automation with audio and text alerts. Standard geographical classification location geocodes use a numeric code to identify discrete areas, based on census districts. Alerts are only issued for regions and neighborhoods that match the alerting regions' geocodes. We inject EAS alerts into the broadcast chain in variety of ways, depending on your station setup. No two stations are exactly the same. Alerts issued using standalone alert player automation software enter the broadcast chain independently based upon their own merits.
CAP Audio Alerts
- Onboard analog stereo 1/8” mini output. Audio present only when a valid alert is being broadcast.
- GPIO trigger reverses DTR voltage RS232, switching an external relay when an alert message is played.
- BARIX Exstreamer at radio transmitter uses a priority port for incoming stream of emergency message
- Silence Detection using external third party hardware senses signal coming out of the Alert Player and mechanically switches a relay on your board.
- Integrated AXIA Digital AoIP (Audio over IP) Console senses an on demand Livewire stream of alert in conjunction with the Qor’s GPIO, switching channels in the broadcast chain console while EAS is in progress and switches back upon completion.
CAP Visual Alerts
Applicable for over the air TV, Cable TV and digital signage applications. Normal visual alerts will be displayed. When there is a valid EAS alert, a red scrolling overlay will display the text of this message with accompanying audio.
- Onboard local video with (HDMI, DisplayPort or DSUB) displays an overlay when a valid CAP message is being broadcast.
- GPIO trigger using RS232 when alert message is played, switching CATV channel on digital cable head end.
- Configuring streaming media server to detect new mount point of on demand stream
We can custom make an automation solution for your government and country based on CAP (Common Alerting Protocol)
Apply to our Partner Program to sell OpenBroadcaster EAS (Emergency Alert System) with our support, regionally, as part of our global network.
Sign up for our Newsletter and receive a free operating manual for the emergency alert automation appliance
Contact us for more info about EAS (Emergency Alert System) for your community television station, radio station or community media multi station broadcast undertaking.
We support open source broadcast software, giving back to the community with free television media asset management scheduling software, combined with EAS (Emergency Alert Systems), tying in with other online media libraries and media buyers.